– VANCOUVER trades Roberto Luongo and Steven Anthony to FLORIDA for Jakob Markstrom and Shawn Matthias – Oh man! Tim Thomas and Roberto Luongo together in the same locker room! Bobby Lu is now the popular guy in town after the tables turned after Thomas and the Bruins defeated him, going for the Stanley Cup. The real question is, who is going to be pumping whose tires now?
– FLORIDA trades Tim Thomas to DALLAS in exchange for Dan Ellis – Oh, well that's not as fun.
– LOS ANGELES acquires Marian Gaborik from COLUMBUS in exchange for Matt Frattin and 2 picks – Did you knw that Marian Gaborik is only 31? I would have guessed late 50s.
– The NEW YORK RANGERS add Martin St. Louis from TAMPA BAY for Ryan Callahan, a first round pick and a conditional second rounder – At first your reaction is that the Rangers overpaid for Marty St. Louis.
– MONTREAL acquires Thomas Vanek and a conditional 5th round pick for a middling Swedish prospect and a conditional second round pick from the NEW YORK ISLANDERS – Your next reaction is to acknowledge the fact that yes, indeed the Rangers overpaid. But also, the Islanders pretty much screwed everything up this season.
– BUFFALO sends Matt Moulson and Cody McCormick to MINNESOTA for Torrey Mitchell and 2 2nd round picks – The Sabres pretty much nailed that whole "dismantling the team" idea. Also, they got more in return for Moulson than the Isles did for Vanek (depending on what value attribute to McCormick). That's wild.
– BUFFALO turns Jaroslav Halak and a pick to WASHINGTON, acquiring Michael Neuvirth and Rostislav Klesla – They dismantled, sure, but the SAbres didn't necessarily do a GREAT job.
– SAN JOSE trades a conditional 7th rounder to LOS ANGELES for James Livingston – This was the last trade to make it in today. It is definitely worth the wait.