Dany Heatley is very confused as well.
- Hoping to add a more veteran presence, the Wild add Joe Thornton for a package involving Mikko Koivu.
- The Wild swap Pierre Marc Bouchard for Sharks’ Patrick Marleau “for the hell of it” according to both General Managers.
- Needing to bolster their blue line, and the Sharks suddenly in need of a proven goal scorer, the Wild and Sharks make another trade, with the Sharks acquiring Devin Setoguchi and the Wild getting Brent Burns.
- Realizing the humor in claiming their may be marine predators in the Twin Cities’ many lakes, and the Bay Areas’s appreciation for the avant-garde, the teams decide to swap nicknames, giving rise to the San Jose Wild and Minnesota Sharks.
- Economically thriving but dreadfully boring Campbell, California is sent to Minnesota where it will fit in better, in exchange for Minnetonka, Minnesota, which has entirely too much damn personality.
- Vincent Damphousse sent to Minnesota in exchange for Mike Modano
So, anyways… Go Wild! Or Sharks! Or whoever the hell I am cheering for now.